Keeping Yellowstone National Park up to Snuff

October 7th, 2014 Yellow Stone Safari
31549440_S

Keeping the world’s first national park up to snuff isn’t cheap. Between scenic overlook maintenance, clearing trails, re-vegetation of social trails, and keeping facilities cleaned and staffed, both Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton Park go through a significant amount of funds. And most of those funds come directly from entrance fees.

 

Currently, there is a $25 entrance fee at Yellowstone’s gates. That allows each vehicle that purchases a pass seven day use of all facilities at both Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park.  Yellowstone National Park pulls in $8 million annually. 80% of that revenue goes directly into Yellowstone’s coffers, while the remaining 20% goes to the Federal Park Reserve to maintain parks across the country that do not charge entrance fees.

 

Yellowstone, in conjunction with Grand Teton Park, is considering a $5 hike for entrance fees. Grand Teton pulls in significantly less revenue from entrance fees than Yellowstone, at a mere $3.2 million. However, neither park will move without the other, and the whens and hows of the price hike has yet to be hashed out.

 

The raise would increase revenue for Yellowstone by a whopping $1 million each year. For a better quality park experience, we’re hoping that both parks go through with the change. According to Yellowstone spokesman, Al Nash, the Park Service regional offices will review the proposals in Spring 2015. However, those proposals are nowhere near set in stone.
To experience the best that Yellowstone National Park has to offer, contact Yellowstone Safari Co. today!

 

Source: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Yellowstone-Grand-Teton-consider-fee-increase-278178341.html

Be Sociable, Share!



Leave a Reply